When I first did this subtraction I was shocked at how much of the medicine I had on hand in my medicine cabinet in case of an emergency was actually expired.
Subtract the stress of running to the drugstore by having the following things at the ready in your Medicine Cabinet:
- Pain Relievers: Tylenol (acetaminophen), Aspirin, Aleve (naproxen) and Advil (Ibuprofen) each type is good for different types of pain so it’s good to have at least two on hand.
- Allergic reaction relief – topical and oral doses. Keeping children’s versions of these is good practice.
- Decongestant – both daytime and nighttime.
- Digestive aids – Tums, Imodium and something for constipation.
- Bandages, antiseptic, antibiotic cream, pain relieving burn gel.