It’s been a busy start to the year (more on what’s happening below). Something has been recurring since just before the holiday season and I’ve been marinating on it ever since.
My marination started with this video about How Wolves Change Rivers, have you seen this? If not, watch it, it’s less than 5 minutes and incredibly interesting as most things are when narrated in an English accent.
These five minutes resonated and lingered in my mind and got me thinking about the Wolf Effect in our own lives about how there are things we think, or people we surround ourselves with, or actions we take that make far greater ripples in our own restoration and preservation than we could possibly know.
I’m curious – have you experienced Wolf Effect in your life? If yes, what was the catalyst?
I’ve been hearing about the benefits of Meditation for a few years and while I’ve downloaded the apps and dipped my toe in a few times it’s never been something I truly got my head into. There was always a to-do list forming in my mind and that made me feel like a failure. A local yoga studio (breathe if you’re local and interested) has a new series called meditate.now. and I’m signed up and excited to see the ripples this practice could create.
Breakdown of what’s been happening the last two weeks!
- Published in Thrive Global: How Paring Down Your Wardrobe Will Help You Find Something to Wear super excited about this opportunity to expose more people to Subtraction Project!
- Some new stuff on LinkedIn that I’m quite proud of: 5 Lessons to Take Back Your Calendar and How you can make this year radically different and more productive and dare I say: fulfilling!
- Want to do a live training with me? It’s happening on Thursday about the Top 5 Profile Updates Needed on Your LinkedIn Profile seats are limited so register!
- We completed a 2,000 piece puzzle and HAD ALL THE PIECES! The miracle of this astounds me still, days later.
- I read Erin Loechner’s Chasing Slow* this weekend and it was brilliant, touching, had me laughing and crying – did you like the book review? If yes, I’ll do another one!
- I’ve started an experiment with being more thoughtful and active in my network marketing business (yes, I have one, it’s a fruitful revenue stream and a constant source of inspiration and support and I love it) and I’m feeling really excited about this again especially as I prepare to enjoy Baby #3 over the summer with hopefully less calendar dictated work. Curious about that? I’m thinking about opening up about this more but it has me feeling a little scared because I know people have a Hate/Love relationship on this topic.
*This is an affiliate link so I’ll make a few cents if you purchase from that Amazon link.